1. Will your staff have ESE teachers?
All of our teachers will be ESE certified and, like all our staff, will meet the formal qualifications standards set by the Brevard County School Board. Salary and benefits will be competitive with Brevard County School Board.
2. What will the student to teacher ratio be?
If a one-on-one is required by the IEP, then it will be provided. However our school is small enough that we fully intend to provide a very small teacher-student ratio.
3. How will you come up with what my child needs for their IEP?
At your IEP meeting there will be an opportunity to ensure the new IEP reflects what you would like for your child at CEDAR Academy.
4. Will CEDAR Academy have before/after care?
The before and after care program is still being developed. We will provide more details as they become available but we don’t want to promise anything that we can’t deliver on.
5. Do we need the McKay scholarship to attend?
No. Cedar Academy is a public school. If you are currently using the McKay and decided to come to CEDAR Academy, then you revoke the scholarship and would need to meet eligibility to qualify the following year.
6. Will your staff be CPI trained?
All our staff will be CPI certified.